- Pray for leaders that they may have courage and integrity to stand for what is right. Pray that they would be willing to ask God for wisdom in the decisions that they will make and that it will benefit the Canadian people and uphold a standard of righteous values for our nation.
- Pray our nation’s leaders will not be swayed from our Charter of Rights, which begins Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law. Pray also for the freedom of conscience and religion, freedom of thought, and freedom of opinion and expression.
- Pray that they Bill C-14, physician assisted dying, would not become the norm in Canada, but rather that good palliative care would be recognized for those who are approaching the end of life.
- Pray for wise and Godly counsellors to help our leaders reach their full potential. Pray for a generation of Josephs, Esthers, and Daniels who can advocate through wise counsel. Without wise leadership, a nation falls. There is safety in having many advisors. (Proverbs 11:14)
- Pray for the Supreme Court as they interpret laws relating to the Charter of Rights. Pray that these 9 judges will uphold foundational values protecting what God deems as just or unjust in our nation.
- Pray that our political leaders would be encouraged to live a lifestyle that promotes good health and endurance. (1 Corinthians 9:14)
- Pray for an awakening among Canadian Christians. That they would have a greater understanding of the times we live in and to seize the day to shine for Jesus. May we be strategic in how we equip the next generation, give a good defense for what they believe. Let’s press toward the goal that God has called us heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:14) I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Jesus Christ, is calling us.
- Pray that God would give you ideas and strategies to serve your communities and pray for your MLA and your MP.
Today is dedicated as Government Prayer Sunday. We have been requested to join together with other churches and pray for the government of our land. Scripture makes it clear that we should pray for those in positions of leadership in government. When there is a moral rot within a nation, its government topples easy. But wise and knowledgeable leaders bring stability. (Proverbs 28:2 NLP) Here are the prayer points
Senior Pastor Bill
Senior Pastor at Restoration Community Church.
Scripture quotations taken from the Amplified® Bible,
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
Used by permission.(www.Lockman.org)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Scripture quotations from THE MESSAGE. Copyright © by Eugene H. Peterson 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®)
Copyright © 2001 by Crossway,
a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.
All rights reserved.
ESV Text Edition: 2011