Psalm 103 1-2
Bless and affectionately praise the Lord, O my soul. And all that is [deep] with me, bless His holy name, Bless and affectionately praise the Lord, O my soul, And do not forget any of His benefits;
[Looking away from all that will distract us and] focusing our eyes on Jesus, who is the Author and Perfecter of faith [the first incentive for our belief and the One who brings our faith to maturity], who for the joy [of accomplishing the goal] set before Him endured the cross, disregarding the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God (Hebrews 12:2 AMP)
We can clearly see from this scripture how Jesus endured the storm. From that we have this beautiful example to follow. The apostle Paul in a letter to the church in Colossi said set your minds and keep them set on what is about the higher things not on things that are on the earth (Colossians 3:2). You can see from this that there is a deliberate act of your will to look away from what is going wrong and to focus your mind and heart on what is right. It is within our choice to reflect positively on God's word and His perspective which will release faith and thankfulness.
Psalm 103 lists a number of benefits:
- Verse 3 - He forgives every one of your sins. He heals each of
- Verse 4 - He redeems you life. He makes things beautiful,
dignified, and inclusive. It says He crowns you. In other words you are reigning in life. It also says He loves you no matter what.
- Verse 5 - He meets your every need. It also indicates that He satisfies your heart and He renews your strength. It also says you are strong, overcoming, and soaring. (See Isaiah 40:31)
- Verse 6 - Justice will be done. You do not need to fear oppression.
- Verse 7 - He is guiding your path.
- Verse 8 - Your relationship with him is a tender one.
- Verse 9 - He is forgiving.
- Verse 10 - He has perspective in light of our inconsistencies.
(We do not get what we deserve).
- Verse 11 - His love for us is unfathomable and continuous.
Verse 12 – You have an absolute assurance that He will never
remember your transgressions again.
- Verse 13 - You have a loving father/child relationship.
- Verse 14 – He is a father who is intensely aware and identifies
- Verse 17 - God will never ever give up on his loving relationship
I conclude by saying I have no more to say. What is said there says it all. It is God's clear answer to any stresses we may be feeling.